Thomas J. Mitchell
After successfully handling and trying cases for many years, Mr. Mitchell’s practice is now primarily focused on mediating and arbitrating cases of all size and complexity. Mr. Mitchell has extensive training with the American Academy of Mediators and the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Mitchell has mediated over 5,000 cases and arbitrated over 250 cases.
- Assists lawyers and their clients in resolving disputes through a balanced approach of legal knowledge, compassion and objectivity.
- Regularly mediates and arbitrates cases involving Personal Injury, Employment, Insurance Litigation, Crop Insurance, Complex Construction, Professional Liability, Products Liability, Civil Rights, Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation.
- Extensive training with the American Arbitration Association including, Regaining Speed and Economy in Dispute Resolution; Maximizing Efficiency and Economy in Arbitration; Challenges at the Preliminary Hearing; Thirty Steps to a Better Arbitration; and Saving the Client’s Money Through Technology and Common Sense.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Legal Research & Writing
- Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
- B.A. - 1976
- American Arbitration Association , Panel Member
- Texas Association of Attorney Mediators
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Travis County Association of Mediators
- Travis County ADR Provider
- Western District Federal Court, Approved Mediator
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Civil Rights
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury
- Premises Litigation
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability
- Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
Current Employment Position