Mr. Nevelow's practice involves primarily the representation of clients in general civil litigation matters including construction, personal injury, wrongful death, insurance defense, trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, and breach of fiduciary duty. He also works with clients on commercial disputes, construction matters, employment matters, insurance coverage, business purchases and corporate formation. Mr. Nevelow has been court-appointed as a guardian ad litem on many cases. His practice extends outside of central Texas to Dallas, San Antonio, and the Texas Valley.
Mr. Nevelow was first selected as a Texas Super Lawyer in 2005 and continues to receive this honor. His MartindaleHubbell ® Peer Review Rating is AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0. He has also been chosen as “Top Rated Lawyer”, and recognized as a “Distinguished Lawyer” by the Expert Network. Additionally, Austin Monthly named Mr. Nevelow one of Austin’s Top Construction Attorneys in July 2020.
- Represents contractors in multi-million dollar claims and lawsuits involving construction defects, delay damages and bond claims.
- Represents parties in serious personal injury and death claims involving automobile, construction site, workplace accidents and residential accidents.
- Successfully prosecuted a trademark and trade dress infringement case in Dallas County, Texas in 2011.
- Successfully defended wrongful death, burn, worksite accident, premises liability, trucking, products liability, DTPA, automobile accident, personal injury and insurance coverage cases at trial.
- Coordinates rapid response on-site investigation and documentation of serious automobile, construction and workplace accidents.
- Represented homeowners in claims by or against neighbors and contractors.
- Represents companies in contract disputes.
- Represents clients in numerous alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Assists clients with growing their business including acquisitions, leases, developing policies and procedures, handling employment issues and obtaining proper insurance coverage.
Areas Of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial Disputes
- Construction Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business Consulting
- Insurance Defense
- Texas, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1986
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1982
- Major: Government
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer magazine (a ThomsonReuters publication)
- Martindale-Hubbell ® Peer Review Rating is AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Wright & Greenhill, P.C., Management Committee, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Construction and Litigation Sections
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Section
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Bar Foundation Selected as Fellow, then Life Fellow
Pro Bono Activities
- Former President, Central Texas Community of the ManKind Project
- ManKind Project USA Risk Management Committee, Member
- ManKind Project USA, Legal Member of Operational Support