Blair Leake is a trial attorney with years of experience serving as the lead trial counsel for individuals, businesses, cities, and government officials. He has successfully litigated a wide variety of cases, with an emphasis that includes- but is not limited to- civil rights litigation, employment litigation, personal injury litigation, and commercial litigation. Blair has persuaded juries and judges of the merits of his clients' respective claims and defenses in numerous state and federal courtrooms across Texas.
After graduating from the University of Texas at Austin, Blair went on to earn his juris doctorate degree from the University of Houston Law Center. During law school, he earned accolades that included the Hofheinz Award for top advocate of the year, the Byron McCoy Excellence in Advocacy Award, the Distinguished Advocate Award, and an induction into the National Order of the Barristers.
After law school, he initially began working alongside his father- a trial attorney with over 30 years of experience- where Blair spent most of his time representing individuals and small businesses across North Texas in a wide range of lawsuits, hearings, and trials. After several years, Blair moved back to Austin to join the trial lawyers at Wright & Greenhill, where he now regularly represents Central Texas cities, public officials, businesses, and individuals in various different types of litigation proceedings.
Blair is also very active in the local community. He was recently elected as the President Elect of the Austin Young Lawyers Association, and for many years has served as the chair or co-chair of the AYLA Community Service Days Committee, where he organizes and volunteers at monthly events that help charities such as the Central Texas Food Bank, the Green Corn Project, and the Austin Parks Foundation.
Representative Past Work as Lead Trial Counsel
- Successfully obtained a complete dismissal with prejudice for a local police officer wrongfully accused of committing a §1983 violation.
- Successfully defended a Central Texas city accused of employment discrimination in a federal jury trial;
- Successfully obtained a sizeable jury verdict for a plaintiff client against a predatory sibling who had taken advantage of their elderly father's lack of mental capacity, embezzled money from him, and wrongfully altered his last will and testament to try and steal his estate upon his passing.
- Successfully litigated on behalf of a plaintiff client who had been defrauded by a home builder corporation that engaged in knowing violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
- Successfully obtained a no liability judgment at trial for an Austin-based small business accused of being liable for the actions of an independent contractor.
- Successfully obtained a no liability judgment at trial for a small business owner who had been wrongfully accused of Fraud, Breach of Contract, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act, while also obtaining a judgment on a counterclaim for fees owed to his client for work performed.
- Successfully defended a small business in a jury trial where an adjacent landowner had attempted to steal the client's land and property through a claim of Adverse Possession.
- Successfully litigated cases involving personal injury for clients involved in motor vehicle and other accidents.
- Successfully negotiated out of court settlements for hundreds of lawsuits.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Consumer Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2013
- The University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 2009
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021.
- Top Lawyer, Employment Law, Austin Monthly, 2020.
- President’s Award of Merit, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2019 – 2020
- Inducted as a member of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2019
- Outstanding Committee Chair Award, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2017 – 2018
- Inducted as a member of the Texas Bar College, 2014
- Hofheinz Award, UHLC, 2013
- Byron McCoy Excellence in Advocacy Award, UHLC, 2013
- Distinguished Advocate Award, UHLC, 2012
- Inducted as a member of the National Order of the Barristers, 2013
- Inducted as a member of the Garland Walker Inn of Court, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Young Lawyer’s Association, 2016 – Present
- Austin Bar Association, 2016 – Present
- State Bar of Texas Litigation Section, 2013 - Present
- Texas Bar College, Member, 2013 - 2020
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 2016 - Present
- Kaufman County Bar Association, 2013 - 2015
- Federal Bar Association, 2018 - Present
- AYLA Community Service Days Committee, Co-Chair, 2017 - Present
- President Elect, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2020 – 2021 term
- Treasurer, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2020 – 2021 term
- Secretary, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2019 – 2020 term
- Director, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2016 – 2017 term, 2017 – 2018 term
- President, Kaufman County Bar Association, 2014 – 2015 term
- Senior Vice Chair, UHLC Moot Court Board, 2012 – 2013 term
- Executive Board Member, UHLC Advocates, 2011 – 2012 term